Thursday, 27 October 2022

ℂℍ𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔾 π”Όπ•Šπ•Šπ”Έπ•π•Š β„šπ•Œπ”Όπ•Šπ•‹π•€π•†β„•π•Š 𝔸ℕ𝔻 π”Έβ„•π•Šπ•Žπ”Όβ„π•Š

 Essay Question one:

Chevening is looking for individuals who will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your leadership and influencing skills to support your answer.

(minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words

Answer:

Influence is a status quo for a true leader and it has gained momentum and rapidly become adorable attire for a leader in the eyes of his subjects in this era of social media.  Through social media influence, many individuals have been raised to stardom, careers and businesses have gained the needed boost and many campaigners and awareness creators have been able to reach an unprecedented audience as desired through the tentacles of social media influencers. As such, influence and leadership are interwoven. 

Therefore, having been born and raised in a developing country with a relatively young population who have faced poor leadership problems, it has become crucial to groom influential leaders who can stand up for the betterment of the people. It is with this premise that I have labored tirelessly throughout my existence to build my influence in others to metal​or​phone into an influential leader in my profession and my community.

Right from an early age, I have severed and led a small group of people in different capacities. At age eleven, I was chosen and voted for as the head of the youth choir I believe saw my leadership attributes and selected me.

In my secondary school (Olapade Agoro Comprehensive high school), I was the class captain and In my final year, I was unanimously chosen and voted by school staff and students as the school senior prefect who oversees students' behaviors and eexpandcurricula activities and report to school management.

In 2006, I gain admission into the department of Electrical Electronics Engineering.  I was appointed as the class governor by the head of the department. With my good and excellent leadership attributes, I was nominated, screened, and voted by students as South-South Student Union president and I served as a spokesperson for the entire student body. I worked with students to resolve problems on campus and manage the student government in the capacity of chief executive officer.  During my regime in school, I successfully launch two awareness campaigns that centered on Women's Inclusion in Politics and Leadership and a Safe Educational Environment; a Panacea for Effective Learning which earned me the nickname "Mr equality". In 2015, I was awarded "Most vibrant and innovative students president in history.

After my studies, I volunteered as a health and safety specialist for Bento's pharmaceuticals companies limited, Oyo state. This has allowed me to speak at Health and safety summit 2016 on how mental health affects employees at work and how it can be mitigated. Due to my love for humanity and a strong desire to help the next generation, I created a no-profit career coaching platform for youths. A 24/7 free coaching and mentorship community. In summary, I am inclined to teach, lead, and inspire the younger generations and my peers for I live and breathe positive values ​​and goals in everything. Currently, I do so by speaking and writing for I believe in the power of words and pen. I never intend to stop anything soon.


Essay Question two;

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong professional relationship-building skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Please explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples of how you currently do this and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future. (minimum word count: 100 words; maximum word count: 500 words)

Answer: 

Humans naturally have a longing to be accepted and to share a multifaceted relationship with others wherever they find themselves. They need someone to talk to, communicate ideas and share their feelings and emotions with. Therefore, building and maintaining a strong professional relationship (network) within an organization is significant for an organization's success or failure. Undoubtedly, it is pertinent to note that all organizations are concerned with what should be done to achieve a strong synergy among staff in other to attend a high level of productivity. For this to be achieved, all must see every communication channel as an opportunity to build a strong personal and professional relationship (network).

Over the years, I have built and developed this attribute and I am working on improving it. During my school years, I had classmates of diverse backgrounds which avail me a great opportunity to show my networking skills both with teachers and classmates, due to which I was selected as class captain of my level. Also, serving as South-South Union president during my undergraduate studies, I have learned the importance of building a strong synergy and it has vested me with experience on how to unite with people from all ages and backgrounds to achieve a common goal.

In 2016, I was privileged to further build and expand my relationship network within the local and national communities when I was honored to speak at a health safety summit organized by the state ministry of health. Working with Dori Construction Engineering Ltd, Lagos state with people from different countries and races has further granted me the instrumental chance of building up my network connections and demonstrating well-coordinated work.

Furthermore, creating a no-profit career coaching community was my first biggest challenge to building an excellent network with people from different cultures, languages, styles of living, and much more but I have established strong and close relationships with them so far and our friendship continues regardless of time and geographical differences. I still keep in touch with all my classmates, and students and I believe that sometimes I will be helpful to them and it would be nice to see them after my study for they will be my first targeted audience to directly impact the experiences and knowledge acquired during the study.


Essay Question three:

Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future. Please enter new information and examples here and do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words)


Answer:

Workplaces in Nigeria are increasingly becoming a killing field for working people. 

In recent years, there had been pockets of safety disasters that have claimed the lives of many as in the case of a Boiler explosion in a Distillery company in Otta in which two young workers lost their lives. The Ikorodu Fire incident where scores of workers were consumed. The death of Dura Pack staff, a Chinese-owned Lagos-based company, as a result of an electric shock while carrying out repair work in the company and the recent adoption, kidnapping, and killing of workers both foreign and local. 

It has become imperative to create awareness, educate and sensitize the populace on the need for occupational safety and a healthy environment.

Upon returning to my country Nigeria, after being exposed to and well-equipped with new knowledge and skills from world-class tutors and state-of-the-art learning environments in the UK, I intend to put this knowledge and experience into good use in Nigeria. I believe as an M.S. graduate of Occupational Safety Health and Environment in the UK, I will be well equipped with the qualifications needed to work in a multinational company as a health safety personnel to put into practice all I have learned in the UK. I anticipate that getting my first job in my home country after completing my M.S. program will not be too difficult given my existing professional certifications, work experiences, and the excellent professional career network I had built. 

My medium-term career goal is to start an occupational health safety awareness campaign. I am planning to achieve that by setting up a training center that will be in partnership with the Nigerian Government and affiliated with the UK school of study to groom young people for free most especially, the National Youth Service Corp members in all camps across the country, workers and employers, and the general populace on the need to create a healthy and safe working environment to boost production.

My long-term career goal. After years of practical exposure, I plan to roll up my sleeves, quit running a day-to-day corporate career-building challenge, and develop my skills, expertise, and a strong network of professionals in the corporate world before becoming a certified researcher and a consultant to provide the requisite expert advice to government and organizations for a need to create a safer environment and also impart positively to the younger generation.


No comments:

Post a Comment