Monday, 19 September 2022

CONFRONT YOUR WORST SHAME, AND ENJOY THE FUTURE

 One of the most embarrassing facts of my life is that I had to wait till I'm 30 before I could bag a first degree.


No matter how things are designed to be beautiful for you, life will constantly set traps for you. The choice is yours to move forward or remain in lamentation.

At 17, I was already in University, brilliant, and good to go. After five years, there was no proof of the scholarly efforts. What followed was an unprecedented season of mockery, ridicule, scorn, a reference point for failure, a laughing stock. There was a heavy feeling of depression, my world had ended, and I even contemplated suicide one day.

Anytime, anybody wanted to make me feel bad, they just say, "Keep quiet, you this dropout". Hahahahaha, these things are better experienced than narrated.

In all of these, I blamed myself and no one else.

My only consolation was Jesus, everyone had given up on me. Jesus told me to go back and correct the wrong.

And so, I went back, picked the Jamb form again, wrote the exams, took the university aptitude test, and secured admission again.

There are so many stories of embarrassment that accompanied the above but I won't forget the first day in class. I came in from the office with a fine suit and a tie. As I walked in, all the fresh students who were making noise scampered to their seats, stopped making noise, adjusted their note pads, someone shouted "the lecturer is here".

I shamefully walked into the middle of the classroom and sat down and didn't speak for about 2 minutes. Two guys came to apologize in case I was offended by the behaviour of the class and didn't wanna teach.

I told them guys, "I'm one of you", I will not forget the laughter that erupted in the room. I felt the earth should open up and swallow me. But I said to myself, "guy, you will pull through".

From experience, I think we remain where we are, at our current level because we don't tell ourselves the truth. We can lie to the whole world but we cannot lie to ourselves.

If you want to move forward in life, you must confront your worst fears, your worst weaknesses. If you have dropped out of school, the solution is in going back to school, not deceiving yourself that you will pull through without it. That talk about Bill Gates making it without certificates is nonsense, your name is not Bill Gates, face your case.

The certificate will not automatically make you rich, but it improves your chances of opportunities, your knowledge, your worldview, it will help your ego, your standing, it will accelerate you forward.

Are you addicted to drugs, alcohol, smoking, to any bad attitude? You need to tell yourself the truth and decide to put a stop to it NOW. Else, you won't go far.

Has your divorce affected you, tell yourself the truth, see the help. Is your marriage in turmoil, facing the truth, and seeking help.

Are you deficient in any part of your life, confront your worse fear, face your shame and decide your change the story?

If you need an upgrade in your business, school, or career, go and get it and stop deceiving yourself that your current capacity will take you far.

No matter how hard you try in this life, everything can never work according to your plan, but you must never give up, when you fall, rise again. If you fall 100 times, rise 101 times.

In death, Jesus took away our shame and nailed it to the cross, he took away our worse fears. He gave us powers and access to limitless opportunities.

Do not sit down and lament, and groan and blame others for your failures. Even if your situation is caused by other factors, blame yourself and move forward. Take full responsibility.

In life, learn to move on from disappointment. Learn to move on. Do not blame people for your failures. Do not blame people for refusing to help. Nobody owes you anything, not even your parents. Move on with your life. Succeed against all odds

 Look deeply in your life today, confront your worse fears and enjoy the help of God, especially in this season.

By AniekemeFinbarr

No comments:

Post a Comment